mhonarc-users

Re: "Unrecognized character set: windows-1252"

2001-01-22 03:02:18
At 11:40 PM +1300 12/26/00, Will Bryant wrote:

So to summarise, you need to do two things to stop warning messages about unrecognised character sets: add it to <CharsetConverters> (http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/charsetconverters.html)

<CharsetConverters>
windows-1252;   mhonarc::htmlize;
</CharsetConverters>

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm finally getting around to trying to implement them. A couple questions:

1. If I do the above, does that add windows-1252 to the default CharsetConverters setting, or does that become the entire CharsetConverters setting? I don't want it to stop doing any converting it already is...

<MIMEFilters>
message/delivery-status;   m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
message/partial;           m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
text/*;                    m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
text/enriched;             m2h_text_enriched::filter;   mhtxtenrich.pl
text/html;                 m2h_text_html::filter;       mhtxthtml.pl
text/plain;                m2h_text_plain::filter;      mhtxtplain.pl
text/richtext;             m2h_text_enriched::filter;   mhtxtenrich.pl
text/x-html;               m2h_text_html::filter;       mhtxthtml.pl
</MIMEFilters>

2. You included the above just to be complete, yes? Since there are only two things to do? It would work just to keep the default MIMEFilters?

and also modify your <MIMEArgs> for text/plain to add the 'asis' option.

<MIMEArgs>
text/*: maxwidth=80
text/plain: maxwidth=80 asis=windows-1252:iso-8859-15
</MIMEArgs>

3. This part I understand, I just wanted to make sure about the CharsetConverters bit. Thanks again,

Bob