mhonarc-users

Re: distributing messages arround multiple directories

2001-03-21 04:05:29
All this messages are from a single list (Linux Users Group Romania), so I
cannot split them

Best Regards,

Stefanita Vilcu

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Gerry Hickman wrote:

Hi,

I have an E-mail archive with arround 32000 messages. I would like to
distribute the msgxxx.html files arround multiple directories (let's say
1000 in a directory) and the index files to point to these directories.

The way it works on my own system is that the mail is categorized at the
server and sent to multiple directories based on the department that
deals with the mail. e.g. "sales", "customer services", "bosses" and so
on. MHonArc then loops through each folder and builds the archives. This
seems to keep things in a manageable state, and you can then have
indexes for each department.

--
Stefanita Valeriu Vilcu, vsv(_at_)dnt(_dot_)ro
Chief Technology Officer