mhonarc-users

Re: Help getting dates into the date&thread views

2001-04-26 15:00:24
On April 25, 2001 at 09:28, "Rob Zietlow" wrote:

Hi, this should be a simple question for you to hopefully answer.  I just
got put on a project with a customer keeping up a mail archive (obviously)
The customer wants dates to be included in the date & Thread view pages
after the senders name.  How exactly can I do this?  I am not too familiar
with programming. I got assigned to this because I implemented their web
servers which are Win2k.  Do I need to change something in, or write up a
new rcfile in the /mailarch directory, or what exact syntax do I use?

We do not know how you have things structured on your system, so we
cannot answer anything about "/mailarch" directory since that is something
specific to your site.

However, you will need to either edit the mhonarc resource file you
are currently using, or create a new one to get what you want.

Looking at all the example pages I see no listings of dates after the
senders name.  Please respond to me directly, for I am not on this mailing
list.

This is easy to do by using one of the following resource variables
in the relavent page layout resources: $DATE$, $MSGGMTDATE$, or
$MSGLOCALDATE$.  The "Day Grouping" resource file example in the
appendix of the documentation shows an example usage of $MSGLOCALDATE$.

Here is a simple example that modifies the default LITEMPLATE resource
to list the message dates for each message listed on the main index
page:

<LiTemplate>
</li>
</LiTemplate>

Note, the $MSGGMTDATE$ and $MSGLOCALDATE$ allow to reformat the date
of the message while $DATE$ gives you the message raw date string as
defined by the message.