mhonarc-users

Re: patch: improved TSLICE, thread navigation, ...

2001-06-27 17:31:07
Hi,

I am progressing with documenting my changes (in the patch I sent earlier
this week). Have the TSLICE updates, OTHERINDEXES, and SUBJECTTHREADSEXCRXP
resources documented.

You had asked how expensive SUBJECTTREADSEXCRXP is. It is not very
expensive: one regular expression match per unthreaded message per run of
MHonArc. I noticed no slowdown. Here is where the regular expression match
occurs (in compute_threads, in mhthread.pl):

 ##   Find first occurrances of subjects
 if (!$NoSubjectThreads) {
    foreach $index (@ThreadList) {
        $tmp = lc $Subject{$index};
        1 while (($tmp =~ s/^$SubReplyRxp//io) ||
                 ($tmp =~ s/\s*-\s*re(ply|sponse)\s*$//io));

        $stripsub{$index} = $tmp;
        $FirstSub2Index{$tmp} = $index
            unless defined($FirstSub2Index{$tmp}) ||
                   ($tmp =~ /$SubThreadsExcRxp/io) ||   ## <<<<<<<<*********
                   (defined($Refs{$index}) &&
                    grep($MsgId{$_}, split(/$X/o, $Refs{$index})));
    }
 }

Anyway, plugging away! Should I send a new patch with the documented
changes?

lov,e
ed