mhonarc-users

Re: Message reply > thingies

2001-10-03 10:32:05
On October 2, 2001 at 10:44, "Thomas C. Smith" wrote:

In archiving my mailing lists, I have noticed an annoying habit of many of
my subscribers of quoting every message in the thread.  I see that this is
going to take up way to much unnecessary space.  Is there any convention in
mhonarc that could be used to strip everything from a double > downward?
Just a thought.

There is nothing builtin by default to do what you want.  However,
you can register custom filters (see the MIMEFILTERS) resource to
add custom filtering needs for your archives.  When writing a filter,
a good start is to take one of the existing filters and use it as
a template for creating your own.