mhonarc-users

RE: Condensing multiple re, fw and fwds (was Removeing RE and Pr efix)

2002-02-28 17:46:26
Completely untested, but you could try:

s/(Re:\s*|Fwd:\s*)+/Re:/

Note, of course, that this turns all 'Fwd:'s into 'Re:'s

Ricky

-----Original Message-----
From: Simeon Nevel [mailto:snevel(_at_)sonic(_dot_)net]
Sent: Thursday 28 February 2002 4:57 PM
To: mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
Subject: Condensing multiple re, fw and fwds (was Removeing RE and
Prefix)

Jym Dyer <jym(_at_)econet(_dot_)org> said:

  Re: Fwd: Re[2]: Fwd: Re: [sftest] ME TOO!

without throwing "[sftest]" in there four more times.

While we're on the subject.. is there a single regexp that can reduce an
an abitrary collection of Re's and Fwd's to a single Re: ?

I currently preprocess my incoming messages with a perl prog consisting
a long series of regexps to deal with this.

I would be nice if I could craft a couple of stripsubjectcode expressions
that would deal with this.

It would give me an excuse to upgrade my MHonArc ;)

Simeon

--
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention