mhonarc-users

Re: LDAP Interface

2002-07-02 12:30:05
At 08:16 AM 7/2/02 -0500, you wrote:
On July 2, 2002 at 05:18, Ben Ocean wrote:

> Sure. I'll be wanting to:
> a) authenticate to LDAP (username, passwd)

This has nothing to with MHonArc.  It has to do with your HTTP server.
If using Apache, I believe there is an authentication module that
allows authentication via LDAP.

Oh. Right.

I do not know if LDAP would be efficient for this.  If you want
to do fulltext searching, I would not recommend LDAP.  What kind
of searching would you like to do?

I presume it's called full text searching. The *standard* kind of searching one does on any search for discussion lists such as for python.org, zope.org, etc. I thought LDAP would be appropriate here because the data doesn't change. Are you saying MySQL is more appropriate?
TIA,
BenO