mhonarc-users

Re: Excluding all attachments

2002-10-09 14:09:47
On October 9, 2002 at 13:13, Stefan Hellkvist wrote:

I've been playing around with the <MIMEExcs> tag in the resource file,
trying to list all the mime-types but this doesn't seem to affect
Mhonarc. My Mhonarc still extracts power point-slides even though I have
application/powerpoint in the list and it also creates lots of .bin

application/powerpoint is not the official media-type for MS Powerpoint
data.

files eventhough I have the octet-stream mime-type in there. The command
I'm using to run mhonarc (I run it as root and as a cronjob) is just the
following:
mhonarc /home/listar/lists/archive/mylist.* -outdir
/var/www/html/html/mylist/archive
So any hints on why <MIMEExcs> doesn't work for me?

Try:

  <MIMEExcs>
  application
  audio
  chemical
  image
  model
  video
  </MIMEExcs>

BTW, you will get better performance if you use the -add option
to mhonarc if all you are doing is updating an existing archive.