mhonarc-users

Re: Message Summaries

2002-10-10 00:13:50
Look at http://ainfos.ca/en/indiez.html

It is done by a Perl program that is called
whenever a new post is archived by the Mhonarc
in a specific archive.

(This is done by an internal message of the postfix aliases
that activate it - using a pipe 'xxxxxx: "|xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx.pl"')

The number of lines of the body of posts was chosen to be
a specific one.

It can be changed to be based on a specific number of characters,
words, etc. and not to take into acount repetitive chars like '-', '&' etc.
Ilan

"Karyl F. Stein" wrote:

I'm trying to make an archive where there's a brief summary of the
message, (e.g. the first 20 words of the email body), included in the
message list.  Basically, I want to make something that looks like a
Slashdot type site, but without all the community features that those
systems seem to include.  Has anyone done something like that?  If so,
I'd appreciate any tips / configurations.

Thanks,
Karyl