mhonarc-users

search / duplicate hits

2002-11-12 20:39:01
Hi there,
I've had excellent success getting mhonarc up and running
in short order.  Thanks for such an excellent tool!

I do have a search related question, though

When searching an archive you'll often get multiple 'redundant'
hits as evidenced via the URL below.  Redundant as in multiple hits
against the same thread.
http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=meta+tag&submit=Search%21&idxname=mhonarc-users&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

A user has asked me if there's a way to suppress redundant
hits and show only the original mail in the search results.

Is there a way to use mhonarc to combine the original mail
message with all it's reply-to messages into 1 message?

Thank you,
Pete