mhonarc-users

Re[2]: problem with FROMNAME

2003-01-05 22:13:11
Hello Earl,

First, thank's for this repons with more detail.

The actual text of the "human name" is completely up to the sender,
and many people use nicknames instead of their real name.  In sum,
it is completely arbitrary.

By design, MHonArc does nothing special with the $FROMNAME$, under
the assumption that the name string is something within the control
of the sender.  Unfortunately, I have seen a few cases where
the sender does not have control (like in corporate environments).

As of now, the only thing you can do is avoid using $FROMNAME$
or modify mhonarc code directly.  An alternative is to
use $FROMADDRNAME$.
Use Human Name is more "beauty" than Username...
I understand what you mean but I would like if it's possible in this
case to modify $FROMNAME$ for it don't containt the part after '@',
like FROMADDRNAME.
Can you tell me if I can do it with change ressource variable ?

Thank's for your help,

Bests regards,

Bruno
---