mhonarc-users

[approved] Re: How many messages can be in a mailbox file?

2003-06-30 15:54:57
Gary,

Try setting your "System Properties"/ "Advanced" / "Performance Options" to
"Background Services"

keep the task manager open during mhonarc's run and see how the memory usage
develops.

As Perl will only use one thread and all the memory it can get on Win32 you may
be lacking memory and it will page its life out. I've let a box just "hang" for
4 hours and suddenly perl went on.

Not a very scientific approach but it did the job.

Alex