mhonarc-users

Re: lib/lists.def filter by Subject?

2003-07-11 17:14:17
David Mathog said:
I want to shuffle all messages for "SOMELIST" (case sensitive,
anywhere in the subject line) into a mailing list archive.

How can this be accomplished?

% man procmailex

shows that procmail supports ^Subject  filtering but

% bin/mk-procmailrc -man

doesn't indicate any method to trigger that sort of
procmail filter through lib/lists.def.

Is there some method to do something like the following?

PROCMAILCONDITION: * ^Subject:.*SOMELIST.*

I'm not sure what lib/list.def is but you can use formail (part of
the procmail software suite) to split any standard mbox style
mailbox into individual messages that you can then pipe into
procmail (with the appropriate .procmailrc file) for redirection
into MHonArc

simeon

P.S. There's a great procmail mailing list where the gurus hang out
     I can find if for you if you're interested.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog(_at_)caltech(_dot_)edu