mhonarc-users

RE: Possible Follow-up Exhange question

2003-07-16 17:43:13
We've figured out how it works.. (how to tell which messages are replys
to which messages).. (well we're 99% sure ;) ).. but we where going to
try and see if we know the real replies can we just add a in-reply-to
header with the proper message ID?  Also the message ID on the exchange
emails are just huge compared to any other that I've seen.. does mhonarc
care about the format or does it just try and match whats between the
<>'s?

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Earl Hood [mailto:earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 4:56 PM
To: mhonarc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Possible Follow-up Exhange question

On July 16, 2003 at 17:13, "Williams, Travis L, NPONS" wrote:

It appears Microsoft is using Thread-Index headers and no in-reply-to
headers
.. anyway around this?

Welcome to the world of lets-ignore-standards-because-we-can.
I personally know of know way to get Outlook to define in-reply-to
and/or references like all other MUAs can.

Thread-Index format is proprietary and from what I can remember
when take a quick look at it, I could not determine how it works.
It seems to only work with mail exchanged between Outlook users.