mhonarc-users

formatting flowed format with javascript

2003-08-14 09:37:38
Hi all,
I am new to this list so I hope my message is not too much off-topic.
I would like to format mails using the flowed format into html with quotes. I have seen a perl script 'mhtxtplain.pl' doing this but my goal is to use javascript and regexes to format the text on-the-fly. The idea is that the javascript takes some text in flowed format (text/plain ascii-us), then transforms the leading '>' into a quote tag, and join the lines with trailing spaces. Do you think this thing can exist somewhere and if not, can you help me to write this javascript with regexes from the mhtxtplain perl script ?

Thank you. romain.