mhonarc-users

mailto: URL rewriting (was "No Subject")

2003-09-24 12:48:57
On September 24, 2003 at 12:16, Ivan Montoro wrote:

All "mailto:"; URLs are crypted with Base64, and
recovered by a Javascript
function. For instance:
  <A href="#" onClick="send('dXNlci5jb20=')">send
email</A>
Calls a JS function that decodes the string, adds a
mailto: and redirects
with document.location (in this case dXNlci5jb20= is
"user(_at_)domain(_dot_)com).

Can I do this with MHonArc. I've see I have the
<MailToURL> Resource, but
don't know if I can call Perl functionality inside a
template.

The MAILTOURL resource does not support Perl expressions,
unlike ADDRESSMODIFYCODE.

Another question is the part that goes inside the
HREF, for instance I have
$TOADDRNAME$ and $TOADDRDOMAIN$, so I can do something
like
"user (at) domain.com", but could I randomize that
"(at)" part anyway?

No.

What you need is something analogous to ADDRESSMODIFYCODE for
printing mailto links.  Actually, what is probably needed is a more
generalized version of ADDRESSMODIFYCODE that allows one to customize
the complete rewriting and linking of mail addresses; a combination
of ADDRESSMODIFYCODE and MAILTOURL in a single resource.