mhonarc-users

Re: Poll: Should mhonarc.org mail archives hide mail addresses

2004-01-04 00:27:26
Earl Hood wrote:
BTW, Net users should be aware that posting to an open list is making a public post.

That is true.

The consequences of posting to a list is similiar to post to
Usenet.

That is not true for all (most?) lists. It's only true for lists that
include email addresses in cleartext in the archives.

I have frequently posted to Topica lists, and to lists that I archive
myself by help of MHonArc (using address masking), and I do not have
any problem with spam to the addresses I'm using on those lists.

Btw, at Topica you can reply to the posters via a contact form. I like
that approach. ( But you already knew that. ;-) )

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson