mhonarc-users

Re: Contact form linking from "From:" header

2004-01-09 09:07:25
I have made a couple of changes to the set-up, which I'd like to call
your attention to.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
1) I converted the "From:" header to a hyperlink to the contact
form script by editing the resource file. The message ID is
appended to the URL as a query string.

The link has now been replaced with a form button, so that the data
gets URI escaped.

2) The contact form script uses the message ID to grab the "From:"
header from .mhonarc.db. This is the script that serves as a
'link' between MHonArc and CGI::ContactForm:

    ftp://ftp.gunnar.cc/pub/gunnar/mhonarc/contact.pl.txt

That is now a minimal script. Instead I'm now using a sub module to
CGI::ContactForm that 'does the job':

    ftp://ftp.gunnar.cc/pub/gunnar/mhonarc/MHonArc.pm.txt

(So far it's a 'quick-and-dirty' fix. I suppose that it would be advisable to URI encode the message ID, for instance.)

Less 'quick-and-dirty' now. :)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson