mhonarc-users

Re: Contact form linking from "From:" header

2004-01-09 22:16:39
On January 9, 2004 at 21:21, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

What bothers me about it is that since I can easily parse - and
deobfuscate - the from addresses, so can the spammers...  So I can't
help wondering what the "X-From-R13:" header is normally used for, and
if it's really needed. ;-)

Yep.  It is there for mha-dbrecover.

I'm seriously considering adding a resource that disables the <!--X-
... --> header comments.  Doing so will prevent the use of
mha-dbrecover on archives, but for those that keep the original
raw mail data, it should not be a problem.

Another concern is can impact the ability of namazu to index
message fields.  Therefore, it may just be enough to mask
out X-From-R13.  I'm not sure what to call the resource that
just does that.

Could make it so the <!--X- headers are just another layout
resource instead of hard-coded.