mhonarc-users

Re: Installation (and usage) under Mac OS X 10.3.2?

2004-02-27 08:46:47
--- Roger Wong <lunarboy(_at_)lunarboy(_dot_)com> wrote:

Yeah you're going to have to familiarize yourself with the Terminal and some
basic UNIX commands. Do a Google search and you'll find some good tutorials.

Thanks, now I have some idea of what I need to learn about.

Meanwhile, here are some step-by-step instructions for installing it from
the standard distribution:

1. Download and untar the archive using Stuffit Expander. For simplicity,
just move the expanded folder onto your Desktop.
2. Open Terminal.
3. In Terminal, type "cd Desktop/MHonArc-2.6.8" and hit Return.
4. Then type "perl install.me" and hit Return.
5. Answer all the questions using the default answers. (Hitting Return
usually works.)

That's it! You'll still have to read the documentation online to figure out
how to use it. Remember that you will be using the Terminal to use the
program though.

As soon as I get a chance I'm going to give installing it through Terminal a
try. I'm willing to learn, (as a matter of fact I love learning new computer
stuff) it's just as I mentioned above I didn't know where to begin, now I do.
Thanks.