mhonarc-users

Re: Multi-Blog Alternative?

2004-03-08 12:41:45

Brock,

First off, let me say that MovableType (http://www.movabletype.org/)
handles multiple blogs without requiring multiple installs. There
may be other packages that can manage multiple blogs too but I have
used MT to do this and can say that it works.

Now to your question of if MhonArc can do it, It can definitely
do this with the help of some external scripts.

If I had to use MhonArc to manage multiple blogs, I would do it
this way:

- email to 'blog(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com', subject: <jobnumber><actual
subject>,
content: <Actual Content>
- we use IMAP and maildir's, so this would end up in blog's maildir
folder as a single file.

I would actually use a script to receive all the email for the 'blog'
address and then place the incoming email in different dirs based on
the subject.

The remaining steps become easier since each blog has its own mail
store. You can run mhonarc to check all the maildirs and update
the blogs.

Either of these methods will work. If updating-by-email is preferable
go with MhonArc. If you prefer updating-through-GUI, MT is the way.

Regards,
Harshal

--
 http://www.mumbai-central.com : Where Mumbaikars meet