mhonarc-users

Re: CSS & MHonArc markup experiment

2004-03-08 13:11:32
On March 5, 2004 at 23:49, Daniel Schregenberger wrote:

Exactly.  You also have the case, now, of users wanting different
markup than HTML.

So maybe we should go with the hype and use XML and XSLT to convert it
to whatever markup wanted? ;)

Not too likely.

Some users generate PHP, or even Java/JSP, and to go through XML/XSLT
is not very efficient.

Some people tend to forget that many users are not techies and would
be discouraged to go through XML/XSLT just to get what the default
settings of mhonarc do now.  I prefer to not mandate a particular
markup system.

For the greatest flexibility, the special delimiters should be
customizable.  Or better, have a complete template for each page type
vs the separate layout resources.  However, caution is required to
move to such a system without breaking existing archives.

I have considered the later on occassion, but have yet to put the
time in to consider how it can be done and preserver compatibility.
Compatibility can be a b*tch.