mhonarc-users

Re: CSS & MHonArc markup experiment

2004-03-10 02:47:27
Earl Hood wrote:
On March 9, 2004 at 13:29, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

This can be done by changing layout resources, not the code.

Just grep the sources and you'll find many places, where <br> is hard-coded. Perhaps all of them can be changed with layout resources, but there is no way to know :)

2) We delete characters that are invalid XML characters.

There is the CHARSETCONVERTERS and TEXTENCODE resources for
controling how characters are converted.  With TEXTENCODE, you
can convert everything to UTF-8.

We are converting to utf-8, but that doesn't get rid of invalid XML characters (which may be valid utf-8 characters).

3) We escape <, > and & with &lt; &gt; &amp;

MHonArc already does this.

We kept getting unknown entity" errors, when there was something like Mike&Lisa in the mail. Perhaps that escaping is not done in our configuration (plain text filter).

I'll ask my colleague for details today, he wasn't available yesterday.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung