mhonarc-users

Duplicate attachments

2004-09-09 03:15:46
Hello,

I'm using MHonArc to provide an HTML mail archive for the lm-sensors[1] Open
Source project.

The lm-sensors guys tend to mail each other a lot of attachments, which get
archived as well.

I run mhonarc hourly from cron over the mail spool of the mailbox of a user
subscribed to the list.

The problem I am experiencing is that for each run, the attachments are
reextracted (under new names) and stored on disk, and the HTML archive is
updated to point to the new filename. This leaves all the old attachments
lying around, unlinked to, until such time as the filesystem fills up, and I
remove all non-html files, and the process repeats.

Why is mhonarc pulling out the attachments each time, and how can I stop it?

regards

Andrew

--
linux.conf.au 2005   -  http://lca2005.linux.org.au/  -  Birthplace of Tux