mhonarc-users

Re: Having problems with some lists but not others.

2010-04-11 09:34:16
Eric,

Thank you so much for your help!

In mhasiteinit.pl, it looks like that section has been commented out:

    ##      .  MHonArc resources exist that allow message exclusion
    ##         capabilities: CHECKNOARCHIVE, EXPIREAGE, EXPIREDATE,
    ##         and MSGEXCFILTER.  If possible, use these resources
    ##         to perform message exclusion filtering.

    #require 'head_routine.pl';     # make sure source of routine is loaded
    #$mhonarc::CBMessageHeadRead = \&your_head_routine_name;

So I don't think those variables are getting set.  Are there any other
config files I should look at?
Here's my system config information:

    /usr/sbin/postfix    mail_version = 2.3.4
    Mailman version: 2.1.9
    MHonArc v2.6.16 (Perl 5.008005 linux)
    perl, v5.8.5 built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    uname:  Linux  xxxxxx 2.6.9-89.0.20.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Jan 18 12:19:33
EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

Someone set up the site before I came onboard, and I've not changed any
config settings since, but I've made new lists
and they are archiving properly.

I do have all mailman mailing lists setup identically.   And after
maintaining this site for a couple of years,
I'm baffled, because all the other archives seem to be working fine, except
this one.
If I send mail to this mailing list with mailman, it does send it out to
the members, but its not getting put into the archive.
There are no traces in the logs, no strange error messages,
in /var/spool/mail or any of the other mail related files.

What other info can I give you to help debug this further?  (or what other
files can I look at?)
Its one of those problems where there are no errors, and it just does not
work.

Thanks again!

...Don...

  From:       Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com>

  To:         mhonarc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org

  Date:       04/10/2010 04:05 PM

  Subject:    Re: Having problems with some lists but not others.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Donny R Rota