Re: Patch to fix default checkbox list

2001-07-01 23:29:24
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, NOKUBI Takatsugu wrote:

By the way, the default checkbox behavor is not a bug, is a feature.

When namazu.cgi had been called, NMZ.head was modifed by the cgi
adopting to idxname CGI paramater.

Ya, I noticed that.  It's a good thing when namazu is called from a form
request, but the first time it is called, it should be possible to set
default values.  I don't want my users to have to click on the
checkboxes (not all of them realise that they have to).

The patch I submitted works both ways.  If QUERY_STRING is "" or NULL,
it will use default values from NMZ.head/NMZ.body, if QUERY_STRING is
non-empty, it will revert to old behaviour.  If you notice, the patch
only adds an if statement to check QUERY_STRING and conditionally delete
checked from checkboxes.

If you think it's useful, you can use it.  I need it for my site.

BTW, query logging is really useful.  Since I've added a stop-list and
synonym feature to my local namazu, I can customise these lists to turn
up relevant results based on how my users think.  I can even fix
common spelling mistakes that they make.

Philip

--
fortune: not found

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis