Re: Proper use of -Y, --no-delete option

2001-10-04 08:36:54
On October 4, 2001 at 09:12, Kenji Suzuki wrote:

It was not clear to me that just updating, no deletions, could
cause garbage.

It is Namazu's specification.
See http://namazu.org/doc/tips.html.en#update-index.

Note, that documentation there still constantly refers to deleted document
information as causing inefficiencies:

 "..., the information of deleted documents is increased, and consequently
  the efficiency of index recording will be lost."

It is not clear if that documentat additions, but NO deletions, will
cause an increasing deficiency of the index.  In my scenario, no deletions
occur, only additions by using -Y on a subset of the total set of files
indexed to avoid mknmz scanning directories/files that are known not
to have changed.

--ewh