namazu & synonyms

2002-03-17 20:20:04
Hi,
I'm fairly new to Namazu but now have a system searching both English
and Japanese (SJIS and UTF-8), and both HTML and PDFs. I'm using the php
namazu module, on linux and apache.

I found a message by Philip Tellis in the mailing list archives, where
he mentioned he'd implemented a synonym function for namazu. How did you
do that - is it something built into namazu? Do you do the synonyms at
index time or search time?

I tried a search on the Japanese side (learning the word "同義語"
(dougigo) at the same time :-), and found a discussion with example code
(http://icrouton.as.wakwak.ne.jp/pub/kks/thesaurus.html) that seems to
be expanding the word into an OR query. That feels a bit crude to me,
but maybe that is the only way?

Darren