problem with frames

2002-05-04 09:21:59
Hi Group,

I would like to use namazu to search through some documentation that I have
on my web site. It is all in html format. Some of it uses frames. Sometimes
namazu returns a link to a page that is a child of a frame. When I click on
the link I get the page out of context. Is there a simple way to get the
complete page to load (not just the child). I have thought of maybe using:
          <link rev=start href="/parent/page_of_doc.html">
but the browser does not automatically load the parent. If there is no
simple way already built into namazu, how easy would it be to get namazu to
call a filter cgi that takes the name of the link, the parent document name
as and the name of its own frame as parameters?
e.g.
html doc called "somedoc.html" contains the following header info
          <link rev=start href="/parent/page_of_doc.html&own_fame_name">
and namazu looks for the "link rev=start" generates two extra fields in the
index and then uses them to call a cgi called "fixframe.cgi" when
"somedoc.htm" in the search results is clicked on -- the parameters would
look like:
        fixframe.cgi&somedoc.html&/parent/page_of_doc.html&own_fame_name

Regards
Sergio