Getting Started

2002-05-18 14:11:26
I have some 50+ mailing lists, mostly related, which I intend to index.
My archives go back a number of years and some of the information
becomes dated over time.

I use MHonArc to create my web interface and it is those files which
will be indexed.

I've downloaded and installed 2.0.10 successfully. It created the
directory /usr/local/var/namazu/index .

As I understand it, I should now go to that directory and create
subdirectories for each of my mailing lists

mkdir ml1 ml2 ml3 ... ml48 ml49 ml50

Then for each of the directories in which those mailing lists have
indexable files, I change to the appropriate directory and run
mknmz from that directory on the files for that index.

In addition to an index for each mailing list, I was thinking about
creating separate indexes for each mailing list by year, i.e.,
ml1-2002 ml1-2001 ml1-2000 ml1-1999 etc.

Will including these indexes as subdirectories of the main mailing
list index directory interfere with namzu in any way? Would it be
better to have a flat structure for the index directories?

--
PEG Manager
pegmgr(_at_)peg(_dot_)com