details about date sort?

2002-05-15 11:13:53
What is the date that Namazu uses for sorting? Is the date of a document determined by when it is added to the index, even in the case of an email document?

The reason I ask is because I am using Namazu to index a large mailing list archive. When I sort results by date often the months or years are out of order. I can even see this problem on Namazu's mailing list archives. For example with the query

http://www.namazu.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=a&max=20&result=normal&sort=date%3Aearly&idxname=namazu-users-en

The month order of the results is like "Apr Mar Sep".

-John Belmonte

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome.