[Namazu-users-en] namazu stopped working

2005-11-24 05:58:42
hello

i am totally new to this list, so i apologize in advance to any faults
and ignorances i will perform.

i have been happily using namazu2 on a debian system for searching the
archives of several mailing-lists i am responsible for.
big thanks for this very useful piece of software!

everything went well until very recently the search-functionality for
one (1!) of 7 seven lists stopped to work.

when i search for any string, it returns "0" results, but does not give
any errors.

i usually rebuild (update) the indices each morning via a cron job.
the first reports about the non-functional search engine reached me
about 2 weeks ago.
i logged into the machine namazu is running on and re-run the mknmz
script and everything went fine (search-functionality was up again!)
however, it was rather unsatisfying to have to rebuild the index each
day by hand.

today this hackish solution stopped to work too.
i deleted my index and rebuilt it from scratch, but it didn't help either.
so i am currently out of my wits.

i would appreciate any hints. (google doesn't give me much results that
aren't japanese and i'm afraid i cannot read that)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes

my system:
==========
server:
-------
AMD athlon 1Ghz, 1GB RAM
Debian/GNU linux (sarge)

search-engine:
subscribers with special characters in their names, especial spanish ones)
the list in question is the one with the most traffic: the archive
starts in 1998 and by now there are about 37850 files in it, without
attachments (which i exclude from indexing via the
"exclude-pattern"-flag) there are 33419.

debugging output:
running "namazu" from the command-line with debugging options gives me
following ("OSC" is a keyword which pops up every now and then)

%> namazu -c -d --config=pd-list "OSC"
namazu(debug): NAMAZUNORC: ''
namazu(debug): load_rcfile: /etc/namazu/namazurc loaded
namazu(debug):    5: Directive:  [Index]
namazu(debug):       Argument 1: [/var/lib/namazu/index/pd-list]
namazu(debug):   12: Directive:  [Template]
namazu(debug):       Argument 1: [/var/lib/namazu/index/pd-list]
namazu(debug):   14: Directive:  [Replace]
namazu(debug):       Argument 1: [/var/lib/mailman/archives/private]
namazu(debug):       Argument 2: [/pipermail]
namazu(debug):   20: Directive:  [Logging]
namazu(debug):       Argument 1: [on]
namazu(debug): load_rcfile: pd-list loaded
namazu(debug):  -n: 20
namazu(debug):  -w: 0
namazu(debug): query: [OSC]
namazu(debug): Index name [0]: /var/lib/namazu/index/pd-list
namazu(debug): set_phrase_trick: OSC
namazu(debug): set_regex_trick: OSC
namazu(debug): query.tokennum: 1
namazu(debug): query.tab[0]: OSC
namazu(debug): size of /var/lib/namazu/index/pd-list/NMZ.t: 132748
namazu(debug): before nmz_strlower: [OSC]
namazu(debug): after nmz_strlower:  [osc]
namazu(debug): do WORD search
namazu(debug): size of /var/lib/namazu/index/pd-list/NMZ.ii: 1492960
namazu(debug): l:0: !
namazu(debug): r:373239: µÎ¬
namazu(debug): searching: ..)
namazu(debug): searching: