[Namazu-users-en] Re: namazu stopped working

2005-11-28 03:22:56
Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:
IEM - network operating center wrote:

Namazu supports only English (and Japanese).
Spanish cannot be correctly processed.
In a word, operation when Spanish is input has not been secured.

but the funny thing is, that back then when i managed to manually get
the serach engine running again, the spanish name i was suspecting to be
the cause of my trouble was searchable fine and produced even some results.
(wow that was a long sentence. in short: as written in my first mail,
the search engine stopped working 2 weeks ago; manually rebuilding the
index helped then (currently this doesn't work any longer); when i had
rebuilt the index i was able to search and find a name like "João")

i guess it is a problem with some multi-byte characters.

The cause might be another one.
If the document file can be gotten by specifying the document
that makes trouble, it is
likely to be able to pinpoint the cause.

i am not sure what you mean here.
should i try to find the document (or one of the documents) that causes
the trouble?

i was able to track the problem down to following line:
sorry, whenever did you think i&#314;l put windows code in mine?

(character &#314; is a an "l" with some accent originating from a
spanish person who has obviously some dead-keys on his keyboard (trying
to type "i'll"))

if you need the entire document, i can send it of course.

By the way,
I think that warning is improved by the following corrections.
(no guarantee)

-    $$contref =~ tr/\x00-\x08\x0b-\x0c\x0e-\x1a/ /;
+    $$contref =~ tr/\x00-\x08\x0b-\x0c\x0e-\x1a\x80-\xff/ /;

unfortunately this did not help.

more information on my system:
the locale is set to "en_GB.ISO-8859-15": i have no idea how this
happened, since i am in austria (so there is no need to have a british
locale); could this be related to the problem? should i choose one with
ISO-8859-1?

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes

mfg.asdr.