[Namazu-users-en] Re: mknmz notworkingforJapanese...

2006-06-29 20:14:20
For indexing an English UTF8 site I use:
 mknmz --indexing-lang=en.UTF-8 -e ...

It is a mistake.
Namazu doesn't support UTF-8.

For indexing a Japanese UTF8 site I use (the -k means use kakasi):
 mknmz --indexing-lang=ja.UTF-8 -k -e ...

It is a mistake.
Namazu doesn't support UTF-8.
(But, it corresponds to the document of ja_JP.UTF-8.)

That is interesting, as the above both work fine. It is a year since I
set up the above, so my memory may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I had
problems and using "ja.UTF-8" fixed it. I think I may have had to
upgrade nkf to get it working?

(See also:
http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/namazu-users-en/2005-06/msg00010.html
where it says:
"The text of ja_JP.UTF-8 can be processed by combining with nkf 2.0.5
if it limits it to a Japanese environment. ")

Darren