[Namazu-users-en] Re: mknmz notworkingforJapanese...

2006-06-29 20:30:41
Darren Cook wrote:

It is a mistake.
Namazu doesn't support UTF-8.
(But, it corresponds to the document of ja_JP.UTF-8.)

That is interesting, as the above both work fine. It is a year since I
set up the above, so my memory may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I had
problems and using "ja.UTF-8" fixed it. I think I may have had to
upgrade nkf to get it working?

Ja_JP.UTF-8 is supported since nkf 2.0 it.
Therefore, mknmz can process the document of the ja_JP.UTF-8 encoding.

However, it is a clear mistake to specify ja_JP.UTF-8 for
--indexing-lang option.

Because, --indexing-lang option doesn't specify the encoding of the
handled document.

It is necessary to specify ja_JP.eucjp for --indexing-lang option.
(for UNIX)

# Anyway, it is EUC-JP according to the environment though it might
# be ja_JP.ujis.