[Namazu-users-en] Reporting on search statistics

2007-11-16 23:14:23
Hi,

I've tried searching the archives, the main site and google but haven't been
able to find anything that talks about how one can implement reporting on
search statistics. Is there a way, has anyone done this, third party plugins,
or would you need to write something from scratch?

Some initial thoughts...

- I'd like to track all metrics in a database, including search strings, user,
which results they view
- We'd analyse the results elsewhere, compiling them with data from usage on
the actual site itself
- Is there a facility in Namazu to add a hook so that everytime a user does
something it records the action in a database?
- Is there already an inbuilt reporting function? We Namazu for mailing
archives currently and I haven't seen anything like this, but maybe I've missed
it?

Thanks,

Chris Herrmann
Far Edge Technology