folder(s) command -no[switch] question

1992-09-29 22:08:23

I've made a few changes to uip/folder.c(MH 6.7.2 v2.4) which seem to lie
somewhere between a design change and a bug fix.  Description follows:

A few of the -no[switch] for the folder command doesn't seem to do what
one might think it should.  For example, "folder +folder -noprint" still
prints information about the folder. If <folder> is different than the current
folder, then I would expect this command to result in changing current
folder to <folder> but don't print anything.  This is useful if one links
say 'cdf' to the folder command with a profile entry like "cdf: -noprint".
Another example is "folder +<folder> -push -nolist" will still list the
current folder and folder-stack information.  Yet another example is
"folder -fast -noprint", or even "folders -noheader -nototal" (this can be
useful as input to shell script or program), or even "folder -pack -noprint".

The whole point is to make folder(s) quiet(semi-quiet) in certain situations
(ie, the ability to override the defaults).  The changes that I've made seem
to accomplish this.  But the question remains, "Is this a design issue or a
bug in MH?".

Any comments?

Thanks,
-Chris Conklin