[QUOTA] Exceeding ones quota when inc'ing

1992-10-23 23:50:57
Hello all:
        Here at Syraucse University we are running Pop and MH.  Our
mail server is a separate machine, and we do not mount the
/var/spool/mail directory to all our machines.  Hence, if a user is
close to getting done with their quota and they try to incorporate
their mail, Pop seems not to be smart enough to know that the user has
exceeded his/her disk quota and tries to incorporate all the mail.  So
as you can guess we get a bunch of users who lose their mail.

        I was wondering whether one can configure MH to first check
the users quota and the disk partition before incorporating the
messages over from the mail server.

        I would appreciate if people could please send me e-mail at
either mfikree(_at_)sunspot(_dot_)acs(_dot_)syr(_dot_)edu or
mmfikree(_at_)mailbox(_dot_)syr(_dot_)edu(_dot_)  I
will summarize to this group.  Thanx in advance to all who reply.

Mateen Fikree
Senior Unix Consultant
Computing Services
Syracuse University