Problem with inc command on Solaris 2.3

1994-05-11 20:00:42
Hi.  When I started using MH with Solaris 2.3, I ran into a problem
with the inc command; if someone sent me a message with another
message included, inc would split it up.  The reason, of course, was
that the included messages had the original "From" lines in them.  It
seems that the mailer expects you to use the "Content-Length" field
rather than parsing line-by-line.  (If you think about it, this should
speed up the "inc" program quite noticebly on long messages, because
it doesn't have to scan the body for the next "From" line.)

I have added this feature to my copy of the 6.8.3 source and would be
quite happy to send you the changes if you think you might want to
incorporate them.

-- Rich