Re: m_getfld

1994-07-27 22:40:48
Hello. I am in the process of porting Safe-Tcl to Linux. Safe-Tcl uses
MH-6.8 src/sbr directory to do some of the message handling. The
m_getfld() routine is causing lots of grief because it is highly
optimised and is groping around inside the stdio data structures. This is
a no-no in Linux because Linux doesn't use the usual declarations of what
a FILE structure is; instead, it prefers the iostream.h definitions from C++.

I can make available an older version of m_getfld.c, before Van
Jacobson's speedups were added.  I have no idea if it would work
with safe-tcl (or MH) as it is quite old and the functionality
of m_getfld may have changed in the interim.

/JLR