<subject>

1995-01-12 19:09:23
To:   All users of this server.
From: The InterServ Staff
Subj: NEWS SERVER CHANGES!

NOTE:  THIS POSTING IS BEING SENT TO USERS OF THIS NEWS SERVER. IT WILL
NOT BE PROPOGATED TO OTHER SERVERS IN THE USENET COMMUNITY. PLEASE DO NOT
POST REFERENCE MESSAGES OR "FOLLOWUPS" TO THIS MESSAGE.  INSTEAD, EMAIL
YOUR RESPONSES TO THE ADDRESS LISTED BELOW.  THANK YOU.

If you are a member of InterServ or have purchased SPRY's Air Series
software, you might spend considerable time on this news server.  Because
of that, we at InterServ have made every effort to bring you the finest
NNTP news service possible. For 18 months, InterServ and Spry have
provided you access to over 6000 english-language news groups, 24 hours a
day, every day of the year.

Until recently, we have made news feeds from Clarinet Communications
available to InterServ members and registered Spry customers.  In
addition, we have made almost all other news groups available to the
Internet community at large, as a public service.  Unfortunately, times
change and so must we.

Because we have not yet been able to negotiate reasonable bulk pricing
terms with Clarinet Communications, we have been forced to cancel these
feeds until further notice.  Effective immediately, you will no longer
find articles in the CLARI hierarchy on this server.

Also, because our public access policy has begun to impact the performance
perceived by InterServ members and Spry customers, we must begin
restricting access to most groups on this server in mid-January.

We hope to bring the AP, UPI and Reuters news feeds back to this server as
soon as possible.  And of course, we'll continue to provide our members
and customers with every english-language distributed USENet news feed we
can find, in an uncensored and timely fashion.

If you would like to become a NovX/InterServ member, please telephone us
at 800-FOR-NOVX.  Spry customers have access as well.  To purchase Spry's
Internet In A Box, Mosaic In A Box, or Air Series software, phone
800-SPRY-NET.  To contact our Network Operations Center (NOC), email us
at noc(_at_)interserv(_dot_)net(_dot_)

Thank you.

-The InterServ Staff