stdio

1995-12-06 20:30:38
Folks,

  Over the years, we've complained about the stdio hackery in MH.
  Although I have not personally investigated the issue, I'd like to
  ask any of you with a little time to investigate the following
  issues:

        - is the MH stdio trickery *really* faster than using stock
          modern stdio packages?

        - if it is, why bother with stdio at all?  Why not come up
          with MH's own I/O package that will circumvent stdio
          incompatibilities and clean up the code.

Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>   ph: +1-415-854-1857  fax:
+1-415-854-3195
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.