Re: "Susan G. Kleinmann": metamail and MH

1996-01-04 22:22:38
  I concur with the following sentiment.  Comments?

I think I don't.  Some thought about this:

-  One mostly uses only one MUA.  If you want to use more packages,
   you might want to configure it differently.

-  Also packages like Netscape use the mailcap file.  And I definitely
   want to make a difference between what I want to do with mail
   and how I want to process WWW-data (mainly because I want to treat
   WWW-data as more insecure).

-  The mhn_defaults file offers more than mailcap does (correct me if
   I'm wrong).  It manages also storing messages and more.

-  Of course, finding a way for people that want to use a mailcap file
   is not a bad idea.  What about a conversion script from a mailcap
   file to an mhn_defaults file?  Or some generic mhn_defaults file
   that calls metamail for every message?

-  One thing I'm still missing in the MH config files (and what I want
   to implement when I have some time) is the use of the %{..}
   constructions being used in mailcap files.