(none)

1996-09-09 19:51:22
The MH Patch Archive has been opened at

    http://www.gw.com/mail/mh/patches/
    ftp://ftp.gw.com/mail/mh/patches/

It is a collection of patches to MH (the RAND MH Message Handling System),
a set of electronic mail programs in the public domain.  Since the last
complete release of MH (version 6.8.3) UNIX systems have evolved making
changes in the MH code necessary.  Several new UNIX systems have emerged
requiring new configuration templates and examples.  This archive tries
to collect all these fixes and enhancements that in the past have been
available only through word-of-mouth and occasional reposts to newsgroups
or mailing lists.

The initial archive layout and the very time consuming collecting and
categorizing of patches has been done by Jerry Peek.  He is the author
of "MH & xmh: Email for Users & Programmers", which is available online
at <URL:http://www.ics.uci.edu/~mh/book/>.

I will be the primary maintainer of the archive.  Even though I will be
monitoring several sources for new material (mainly the comp.mail.mh
newsgroup but also the mailing lists mh-workers(_at_)ics(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu,
mh-e(_at_)x(_dot_)org
and exmh-workers(_at_)parc(_dot_)xerox(_dot_)com), I'd like to encourage
everyone to
submit patches also directly to the archive at <mh-archive(_at_)gw(_dot_)com>.

Regards,

Kimmo Suominen