Re: Disappearing Scans

1998-02-03 11:13:34

Well I'm running exmh 2.0 /2.0.1 and nmh 0.20 at home and work.

I've recently noticed a very disturbing problem of my .mh_sequences
file disappearing (I really appreciate the line length limitations
being lifted).

What I'm now doing:
        1) very carefully using rcs on my .mh_sequences file
        2) carefully sequencing my use (i.e. not trying to do
        multiple things concurrently)
        3) not using NFS (to make sure that wasn't a problem)

My .mh_sequences randomly disappeared.  I didn't see any place in
exmh where the .mh_sequences file is written directly (am I right?)

I did notice when I was being very careful a
        folder -pack
erase my .mh_sequences file
(what I'm doing is useful to recover a .mh_sequences file until I pack).

I've had to recover my .mh_sequences file more than a dozen times in the
last few weeks.

--
marty
leisner(_at_)sdsp(_dot_)mc(_dot_)xerox(_dot_)com