Re: Mail-{Reply,Followup}-To considered harmful

1998-02-11 17:01:28

Richard Coleman writes:
Please don't implement support for Mail-Reply-To and Mail-Followup-To
in nmh.  Not only are they nonstandard, they're a poor fix for the
problem.

Well, everything is nonstandard until it becomes standard.

Keith is the IETF applications area director, and used to chair the
DRUMS working group. I strongly agree with his statements.

I also believe this proposal is a good way of fixing this problem.

The working group debated it at length and did not agree.

Perry