Re: information about filtering mail and exmh/nmh

1998-02-16 18:33:33
+----- On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:18:50 EST, Richard Coleman writes:
| The following is a copy of the file MAIL.FILTERING that I'm
| adding to the next nmh distribution.  It gives information about
| how to correctly use procmail in conjunction with exmh and nmh.
|
| Please send any comments or suggestions about this file to the
| nmh mailing list (nmh-workers(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu).
[...]
| # Don't add junk to "unseen" sequence
| :0 w: junk/$LOCKEXT
| * ^TOjunk
| | rcvstore -nounseen +junk

Is there an advantage to using rcvstore over procmail's builtin method?

| ################
| # DEFAULT ACTION
| ################
| :0 w: inbox/$LOCKEXT
| | rcvstore +inbox

I use a combination of mimedecode and rcvstore and I noticed that I had
a problem with mimedecode dying so that I never went past that mail so
I have 2 defaults, the last one is nearly never used:

# Default action: save to +inbox

:0: procmail.lock
| mimestore +inbox

:0: procmail.lock
MH/inbox/.

I hope that rcvstore is more reliable than my script but it doesn't
take a lot to add the last recipe.

/Michael