nmh install woes

1998-02-26 17:18:24

I appologize if this is some dumb oversight on my part,
but I've having a difficult time installing nmh 0.23
on my HP system.  If someone has a quick pointer,
I'd appreciate it.  (I'm not subscribed to this list,
so please reply directly.)

I'm using HPUX 10.10.  I had very little luck using
cc -Aa or cc -Ae or c89, but better luck with gcc 2.5.8

The compile runs for a while, and then dies
while trying to make ali:

/usr/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   vsnprintf (code)

I found vsnprintf in sbr/snprintf.c.  It is referenced in
the sbr/Makefile, but for some reason not included in the
code that gets added to libmh.a.   So I altered sbr/Makefile
to include snprintf.o, and  ali is ok.

But then, the compile dies trying to make comp:

/usr/bin/ld: Invalid loader fixup for symbol "__iob".

Now I'm stuck on this one!

        Bob Goldstein