Re: information about filtering mail and exmh/nmh

1998-05-06 10:15:44
Richard Coleman <coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu> writes:
The following is a copy of the file MAIL.FILTERING that I'm
adding to the next nmh distribution.  It gives information about
how to correctly use procmail in conjunction with exmh and nmh.

  OK, so it's been a while, but I finally got around to implementing
  the suggestions in your file.  Thanks for the ideas!  Now that
  unprocessed messages are going straight into +inbox, I had to tweak
  xfaces as follows included here for the benefit of others:

.Xdefaults:

XFaces.listCommand:             makefaces

makefaces:

#! /bin/sh
#
# $Id: makefaces,v 1.1 1998/05/06 07:24:59 wohler Exp $
#
# NAME
#   makefaces - input file for xfaces
#
# SYNOPSIS
#   XFaces.listCommand: makefaces
#
# DESCRIPTION
#   makefaces generates output that is used by xfaces to determine
#   which faces to display.  This particular version is tuned to MH
#   by using scan to display the unseen messages in +inbox.
#
# OPTIONS
#
# RETURNS
#
# AUTHOR
#   Copyright 1998 Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>, Newt Software, 5
May 1998

#
# Defaults (variables that may be affected by arguments).
#
ICONUSER=wohler                         # user and host used to create icon
ICONHOST=newt.com                       # when there are no messages (not
                                        # implemented).

#
# Constants (variables that do not change during runtime).
#

# xfaces in iconic state.
# Usage: user host
# Not currently implemented.
echo $ICONUSER $ICONHOST

# Layout.
# Usage: Cols=<columns> Rows=<rows>
# One column, infinite number of rows.
echo Cols=1 Rows=0

# Faces.  These fields should be separated by tabs.
# Usage: user host
# Bury "scan: bad message list unseen" message.
scan -format '%(mbox{From})     %(host{From})' +inbox unseen 2> /dev/null

Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.