Re: mhpath

1998-05-08 10:01:27
On Thu, 07 May 1998 13:33:11 +1000 Ken Yap wrote:
I noticed that nmh/mhpath doesn't mistake a file name that starts with
digits as a mail item, where mh would. For example:

      touch Mail/inbox/12345aaa
      mhpath +inbox new

gives different results on mh and nmh. I think this is a good bug fix
and should be mentioned in the differences.

I have used MH for about 3 or 4 years and switched to nmh recently because
the behavior you describe was *introduced* when I upgraded to RedHat Linux
5.0.  I suspect a change in behavior in some libc function (RH 5 is the
first RH distribution to use glibc), but I haven't done any investigation
to confirm that hypothesis.

I have lots of subfolders with date-based names ("1997-08", for example).
nmh handles this fine and MH did too until I upgraded to RH 5.

--Bret